See why we are S1 - The CLEAR Advantage!

S1 Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Bags

S1 Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Bags
S1 Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Bags

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Making the Network Work for You.

Well - in finding all these new resources literally at my fingertips now I am looking to make the networking really work! Too many times I see people joining groups or networking sites and then never updating their profiles or looking at what others are doing to get their name out to others in the social networks they are signing up for.

When I first sent out connection requests I simply looked for someone that I thought might be interested in sharing contacts and information without really seeing if they were actively involved in their networking. Now, I look at the last time they updated their profile, added information, posted to their blog and generally to see if they were really looking to grow their network or just here for no other reason than to have their name somewhere.

Believe me I was just as guilty in not updating my information and have since learned that all you need to do is change one word or two and it is an entirely new submission and shows that you are active in your networking. Having joined numerous networks in the last few months I am committed to devoting time each day - even if it is only a half hour - to logging on, answering messages and getting my information out there. With a company like S1 - for Safety First - our audience is far reaching. When you visit our site www.s1bags.com you will see what I mean. With a full line of see through bags and backpacks we are really open to everyone whether for business, travel, pleasure or back to school, we have a bag for your every need.

That is why it was hard in the beginning for me to know who best to contact. Even though S1 has a product for everyone connecting with everyone is not the answer. I would rather have fewer connections that are truly interested in sharing ideas, business building and other services than a network of hundreds or thousands that are doing nothing.

So with all that said, take the time to see if the person you are reaching out to is someone that is looking to network to the fullest or if they are just there for so their name is out there. It takes a couple of extra minutes but it is well worth it.

No comments:

The CLEAR Advantage!

Plaxo Badge